The recently restored Erie E8 #833 along with other former Erie RR equipment will be on display in Port Jervis, NY this weekend, 8/28 and 8/29, as part of the Port Jervis Centennial Celebration. It will probably be located somewhere in the vicinity of the train station.
The 833 was restored in Ringoes, NJ by Star Trak, Inc., and will be moved to Port Jervis some time this week. It must be inspected by NS first, and then it will be picked up from the Black River & Western RR at their interchange with NS in Three Bridges. From there to Port Jervis, but I don't know the route. Hopefully not by way of Conway yard.
From an email by Jim Wilson last week:
"The 833 is supposed to move out this Sunday to the familiar territory of Port Jervis.
1267, 935, the Chestnut Hill and Pride of the Delaware will all be moving east out of Lackawaxen to PO sometime next week.
The Erie RR celebrated PO's 50th anniversary by displaying it's modern equipment, well, 50 yrs later it's back (see Erie RR mag Oct., 1957) .
You're all invited to dejavu all over again next weekend in PO. The EL dining car society will be hosting open house on NYGL equipment on Sat and Sun, July 28 & 29th with a store & refreshments set up on one of the cars."
Here are some pictures and text from Star Trak, Inc.'s web site.
"Star Trak has recently completed a full exterior restoration of Erie E8 #833. This included the removal of exterior fiberglass panels, repair of structural members, rust mitigation, re-assembly, sheet metal and body surface preparation, and paint. This unit is truly unique in that it was the last E8 built for the Erie Railroad as well as the last known surviving unit of it's kind assigned to the Erie."
To see more pictures of the restored #833, follow this link:
To see pictures of the progress of the restoration work, follow this link:
Finally, to visit the home page for Star Trak, Inc., follow this link: