Thursday, November 12, 2009

Eight trains in three hours!

(Train sightings on 11-8-09.)

that would be my final tally of seen on Sunday morning along various locations of the Lehigh Line. This day started out with noticing that NS 18G was holding at Flemington Jct as I drove along Route 31. Much to my surprise, NS 214 was also on the siding right behind 18G. About 8:05, westbound 19G had the "pedal to the metal" as it sped along. Twenty minutes later, NS 21M would also head west on the main. After it passed, 18G was given the green to proceed and did so at 8:28. Fifteen minutes later, NS 214 would also continue its journey east.

It had been a long time since I stopped at Pattenburg Tunnel and today would be a good day to see what changes had occurred since my last visit there over a year ago. During my relatively short visit, three more trains would pass by. 11J would bring empty autoracks west. Shortly there after, an NS 68Q and intermodal 22V came east. I was told there was one more train to come east and that was another intermodal, NS 212. I decided that it would be nice to photograph this train at the "S" curve at Stanton Station.

Eight trains in three hours on a warm sunny November, what more could I ask for except my Pick-3 lottery number to come in on Sunday night. Stay tuned to see if that happens. In the meantime, hope you enjoy the two images from Sunday morning.

NS 22V at Pattenburg tunnel on 11-8-09



NS 212 at Stanton Station on 11-8-09