Tuesday, January 18, 2011

As far as I was concerned...

(Train sightings on 1-16-11.)

...Sunday's good sunlight was wasted when it came to doing some railroad photography along the Lehigh and Trenton Lines. I feel that my image of NS 20R approaching the Roycefield Road grade crossing (near MP40) wasn't all that bad.


Later in the day, I headed down to Belle Mead to check on the progress of the new Route 206 bridge being built over CSX's Trenton Line. The forms for bridge's northern abutment is being built. As a "sidewalk supervisor", I would speculate that the construction is pretty close to being on schedule. If it is, then the spans should be moved in to place sometime in February. As for that northbound CSX train seen here, it is Q418.


As my luck would have it no southbound trains came by while I was there since the sun was good! Oh well, there is always next weekend to try and photograph a southbound CSX train at that location. Hopefully both the sun and CSX will cooperate with my plan. On that note, have a good week!