Sunday, July 17, 2011

NS-CN/B&LE Over/Under Shot

Received the following via email. 

What a catch!! My son, Jon, finally pulled off recording what so many (including me) have long tried to do, but mostly have never even seen, let alone photographed! While I have witnessed freight cars in moving trains passing over/under one another at Conneaut a number of times (and I have been on an N&W unit leading across that trestle above a B&LE train when I was accompanying High & Wides in the early Eighties), I have never caught a nice over/under 'power meet', there. And, Jonathan and his Nikon D5000 put it into pixels. All GE power, upstairs; all EMD, down below. Nice reflection of both roads off the creek's mirror surface, too. Some guys have all the 'luck'!

http://members3.boardhost.com/Bessemer/msg/1310758547.html

Note: follow the links to the picture, then click on the magnifying glass on the right above the photo, and then click on "View all sizes" at top right of screen to see this shot at maximum size.