Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Saturday morning surprise...

was CP's 38T appearing on the Lehigh Line just east of Manville, NJ around 7:51. Actually, another website had said that 38T's schedule had changed on November 12 from a Monday-Wednesday-Friday to a Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday schedule. Since Saturday morning's weather forecast called for some early morning sun before the clouds rolled in, I thought perhaps I would see what was running while the sun was out. I was hoping perhaps, just perhaps I might be lucky enough to get a glimpse of this train. A distinctive horn to what is normally heard was the first hint this oncoming headlight was something other than a NS train. The motive power lineup was a trio of SD40-2's, CP 5763, CP 5664, CP 5593, and SOO 6021 (SD60). For me, not a bad way to start this morning off since seeing 38T was something I didn't anticipate seeing.