Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My quest continues...

(Train sightings on 8- 26, 28, 30 -08.)
First picture is of NJT 4127 running between Lebanon and Annandale. Second picture is same train with a large bird flying between the camera and the nose of the locomotive. Look closely.



as I go in search of a place to photograph trains in peace and good sunlight. This is a journey that has introduced me to photographing trains that I have shunned in the past because there were passenger trains. Omigosh, say it ain't so! I always felt that photographing passenger trains was for the birds and this shot reinforces that view. It is a image of NJT's 5733 after it has departed from the Lebanon station last Wednesday. 5733's next stop will be Annadale.



On Thursday, my next stop would be Raritan to photograph NJT's 5435 with its consist of bilevel coaches. This train currently terminates at Raritan.


Needing to satisfy my hunger for shooting freight, I ventured up to Stanton Station on Saturday to hopefully catch NS 20G with its usual colorful consist of power. Motive power this day would be PRR 5413 (ex-CR 6722), BNSF 5424 and BNSF 5175.


Where will my travels take me in my quest for a good trackside location...