Sunday, April 25, 2010

A good start but a lousy finish to Saturday's trackside visit...

(Train sightings on 4-24-10.)

My trackside trip certainly started out on a good note catching NS 214 at Manville as it passed through around 8:11. A unanticipated and pleasant surprise was seeing UP 7833 as 214's leader. Equally enjoyable was meeting up with two friends and getting caught up on what has happened since I last saw them.


After 214 passed, my travels took me up to Three Bridges where I missed westbound 21M but did see eastbound 22V come through. Once again, some trackside acquaintances I met here made the wait for 22V enjoyable with their ensuing conversation.


Regarding my lousy finish, that took place as I was about to start cutting grass at one of my lawn accounts in Raritan near NJT's Raritan Valley Line in the afternoon. I saw a NJT work train with two diesels in the 41XX series and a long string of gondolas heading west. The dilemma I faced was do I cut grass or chase this train? Since there are no images of that train included, my answer was to cut the grass and wonder where this train was headed. Guess I will never know the answer to that question...