Friday, July 11, 2014

Norfolk Southern heritage unit 8114 now makes seven...

(Train sightings on 7-7-14.)

Being off from work on July 7th,I decided to take advantage of Monday morning's sunny skies by heading trackside. Before going out, I checked the Internet to see if anything special would be coming east over NS's Lehigh Line. Sure enough there was! Leading NS's 20W, a Chicago, IL to Croxton, NJ intermodal, was Norfolk Southern heritage unit 8114. To my best knowledge this would be the first appearance here in NJ for this particular unit. My final location would take me to the LEHL's MP 40, a favorite haunt of mine, in Hillsborough, NJ. With this one now successfully photographed, there are only thirteen more heritage units I need to photograph before all twenty have been captured digitally by me. Can I do that?