- Usage and demand for the printed document have steadily declined over the past five years.
- Surveys have revealed that few customers want or use the printed System Timetable and expressed a preference to access information on line.
- Schedules, policies and programs are ever changing and it’s impossible to keep the printed document accurate and up-to-date.
- Reducing print is financially responsible
- Reducing print is environmentally responsible
- All Amtrak timetables, including the System Timetable are housed within and may be accessed on Amtrak.com
- At this time many of the smaller individual route and corridor wallet cards and panels will continue to be printed.
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
End of Amtrak System Timetable
AMTRAK NATIONAL TIMETABLE... FAREWELL!: For several years we have simultaneously produced the Amtrak System Timetable in printed form and as an electronic downloadable document housed on Amtrak.com. The decision has been made to discontinue production of the printed Amtrak System Timetable effective immediately. The final printed timetable is the January 2016 Winter/Spring version recently printed. The reasons for this decision are: