Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Fwd: Sometimes I think too much for my own good!

Received via email




Take the case of Tuesday's 212 coming through central NJ. A friend texted me that
CN 2923 was leading NS 9822 and NS 9112 through Emmaus at 9 AM. Knowing that gave me lots of time to think about where to photograph it with ample sunshine. I debated in my mind to go to CP SULLY (Nah!), Manville (Nah!), the Neshanic Station Bridge over the Raritan River (Nope as Branchburg PD said it wasn't a good idea for me to be standing on that bridge!) or Bloomsbury (That might be cutting it too close!) and so I settled on an old tired and true spot, namely Stanton Station. That S-Curve is a nice spot plus the sun should be good. Boy was I wrong about the sun as it was mostly on the opposite side from where I was standing leaving only the CN's nose illuminated by the sun. If I had gone with my first two choices what a nice photo that would have been. As I originally said sometimes I think too much for my own good!