Saturday, February 13, 2010

My wife just laughed at me...

(Train sightings on 2-10-10.)

With the prospect of no work on Wednesday due to the pending snowstorm, I told my wife Tuesday night that come Wednesday I might go trackside. Upon hearing that, she asked me if I got pelted with one too many snowflakes when I was out for Tuesday's nightly walk. My response was that all I had to do was walk down to NJ Transit's RVL to see what was running. Checking my NJT train schedule, I saw that there would be two trains. Train 5719 was due out of Raritan at 10:57 and Train 5729 departed at 1:57. I opted to photograph train 5719 since weather conditions would supposedly worsen later in the day according to weather reports. Seeing an approaching headlight in the distance, I shook off the snow that accumulated on my parka, made a few final camera adjustments and waited for the train to come closer. The resulting image was well worth the effort. Hope you enjoy in the warmth of your room.