Friday, February 26, 2010

Tribute Series of my Father's Photos #1

Received the following via email from Kermit Geary, Jr. Text and captions are his. Photos are by his father, Kermit Geary, Sr.
Our condolences to Kermit Jr. and his family.

Greetings all: It has been a rough couple of weeks...My father, Kermit SR, passed away suddenly on 2/10/10. Sperry allows a 3 day "bereavement leave" after which you got to return to work. So here I am in Kentucky waiting at a coalmine for a train to be pulled to test their trackage. Then it is off to Florida and a test at Mosaic Phosphates next week.

As both a healing processes for me and and a chance to finally showcase some of my Father's work, I will be sending out some retro-photos that Dad liked...I do not have dates for these yet...they are recorded somewhere, tho. I hope you all enjoy them as much as he enjoyed taking and viewing them.


C&NW 1119 - a 4-6-0



Cleveland Transit System 4116



CN 3532 - a 2-8-2 at Vegreville



CP 3525 mounting loco tire



D&H 302 - a 4-8-4 & D&H 4017 - an RS-2

Dansville & Mt. Morris 565 taking water