Tuesday, February 08, 2011

COFCs, a High and Wide load and cold feet...

(Train sightings on 2-6-11.)

This Sunday's track side trip started out with catching NS 22V coming east at Lansdowne Junction at 9:31 with its colorful consist of COFCs. Motive power consisted of  NS 6589 and NS 8984. Walking to any of my photo locations on this day had me singing Paul Simon's song of "Slip Sliding Away!" Saturday's precipitation on top of the snow made for some tricky walking. Fortunately I did manage to maintain my balance while walking over those icy surfaces.


Got a heads-up that a high/wide load was coming east on NS H76. That high/wide load was a transformer destined for delivery to a company near Flemington Junction's MP 51 on the LEHL.  NS 5324 (ex-CR 8151), NS 2353 (MP15DC) and NS 6123 provided the motive power on this delivery. With H76 taking the passing siding, NS 20E, with NS 9532, NS 9253 (wearing the Operation Life Saver paint scheme) and NS 9823 would pass by on the main.


NS 2353 and NS 6123 would then shove the transformer onto the company's siding, disconnect the flatcar, and head on out. Trudging through the snow, my feet were telling me "let's get out of here cause we're cold!" That was when I took their advice and headed home...