Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sunday's CSX sightings...

(Train sightings on 2-13-11.)

Decided to head track side and see what might be running whether it be NS or CSX. Heard over the scanner that NS 64J would be taking the Royce Runner which didn't seem all that enticing to me to head over there. Instead I opted to check out a new location I had visualized during my drive to and from work over I-287. This location was near the LEHL's CP Bound Brook and required quite a walk to reach it. The packed snow didn't make this walk any easier! I did manage to catch one train at this spot and it was CSX Q707. CSX's 404 was the sole power on this train with five carloads of household trash being taken from Oak Island to Philadelphia.


After Q707 passed, Belle Mead's Route 206 bridge project was my next destination to check on the new bridge's construction progress. Both abutments were up as Q300, with CSX 7634, CSX 8572 and a unidentified third CSX unit, brought its mixed freight consist east around 2:30. After that, it was time to head home...