Sunday, April 01, 2012

Before Saturday's clouds rolled in...

(Train sightings on 3-24-12.)

With the weather forecasts calling for increasing clouds and showers on Saturday afternoon, I decided to take advantage of what little sunshine there was going to be on this day and get my trackside time in this morning. My destination would be the old Route 206 bridge site to see what was running along CSX's Trenton Line. It wouldn't be long before the first train would head east towards Manville. CSX Q300's leader would be a nice surprise for me. It was HLCX 8070 (ex-BN 8070; SD40-2) with CSX 740 followed by a short conssit of mixed freight passing by my location around 8:23.


About an hour later, the headlight of another eastbound CSX approached my location. It was CSX 410 and was seen from what used to be the waiting area for eastbound Reading passenger trains. Motive power on this mixed freight was CSX 560 and CSX 762.