Thursday, July 02, 2015

MARC 72; Back in 1990 and 2015!

(Train sightings on 9-24-90 and 4-6-15.) 

Back in 1990 when I was on one of my trips to Brunswick, Maryland I stopped near WB Tower to photograph MARC's commuter trains. One of the MARC trains I photographed on September 24 was 273 with MARC 72 (ex-PC 3243, ex-CR 3243) in command. According to the caption on my slide indicated this was a Washington DC to Brunswick, MD train. Fast forward to April 6, 2015 when I was trackside at Point of Rocks in Maryland. A eastbound MARC train passes through the Canal Road grade crossing with MARC 72 once again serving as the leader. Not being familiar with MARC's timetable, I did not know if this was a regularly scheduled MARC passenger train or an extra. I thought it was quite ironic that my only two images of this diesel would have it leading twenty-five years apart.